Thursday, September 29, 2005

Special Guest Blog

To obtain a California driver's license you are required to take a written exam. I'll be taking mine in a few days, so I picked up a copy of the Driver's Handbook today at the DMV and found these little gems:

"Allow older pedestrians more time to cross the street. They are more likely to die as a result of a crash than younger pedestrians."

If I were in my 70's this would bring me comfort. Or maybe not.

"It is a traffic offense to scare horses or stampede livestock."

Ah, this will definitely make me think twice when I'm out driving around...on the farm...here in the OC.

And my favorite:

"Don't honk at a blind person. The blind person has no idea who you are honking at and may be scared by the noise."

Perhaps I'm easily amused, but I'm looking forward to this test more than I am the next episode of "The Office."

--Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you crack me up! love ya lot. Natalee

Aaron Clark said...

Thanks Natalee! I love you too!

Well, I did it. I'm an official resident of the OC. Guess what one of the test questions was.....If you come to an intersection where a blind person is crossing you should: a) drive into the crosswalk b) stop in front of the crosswalk so they can hear your engine, or c) honk so the blind person will know you are there. I'm so glad I studied for that one!

Aaron Clark said...

PS Have you guys done yours yet?