Monday, September 18, 2006

Oatmeal Cookie Chunk

Michelle and I enjoyed a rare treat tonight: Ben & Jerry’s Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.

I haven’t mentioned it much before, but it easily ranks on the top three of my top three all-time favorite ice cream treats. On nights like tonight, it’s #1.

I recognize I haven’t really mentioned it before – and my allegiance still remains with Breyers for “conventional” ice creams* -- but on the rare occasion when you feel like spending inordinate amounts of money on a pint of ice cream, reach for Ben & Jerry’s Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. What was the occasion tonight, you ask? Michelle lost a bet, the prize for which was a pint of expensive ice cream out of the other’s personal money**. So when you’re spending someone else’s money guilt-free on yourself, remember this post.

*The pint sized ice creams are rarely even included my ice cream calculations – if only because they cost twice as much as the half-gallon sized ice creams and offer 1/3 of the volume.

**The bet? Michelle said Justin Timberlake was with the Backstreet Boys. I said he was with N’Sync. Efforts to resolve the dispute through mediation failed. It's probably best not to ask how this dispute arose in the first place.

1 comment:

Living My Life in Organized Chaos said...

Not to go against michelle, but Justin is was a member of nsync. Oh and it is my all time favorite ice cream, but they no longer sell it in the pint at walmart