Saturday, September 16, 2006

A BIG Announcement

On Wednesday I was offered (and I accepted) a new job. Since everyone at my firm is now aware, I can make the announcement here to.

I'm reluctant to be too specific in the details here, but I can say a few things: First, I'll be leaving private practice to work for the government. Second we'll be moving to San Diego. Third, I couldn't be happier (and maybe I should've said that first). It's a job that's highly coveted and that since my first year of law school I'd held out hopes of getting "some day". I'll likely start sometime in November.

My firm has reacted positively, especially after the initial shock wore off, which has made things infinitely easier to deal with. The part in the application process that I least looked forward to was having to tell everyone there, but those fears proved to be mostly unfounded.

So we'll be leaving sunny Irvine for sunny San Diego, under what seems to me to be a nearly idyllic scenario. If you'd told me a year ago this is the path my career would take only a year later, I probably would've smiled kindly but given a dismissive response like "Yeah, I wish". Three days later, I'm still having to pinch myself, and thank God profusely for being so undeservedly kind to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You've really made yourself into something more than a commanding 6'7" Mormon knocking on poor little Mexicans' doors.