Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Contest Results

The 7th Annual Clark Family Milkshake Making Contest went down last night. Here are the results:

1. Melissa--Peach Milkshake
2. Bryan--Apple Crisp Milkshake
3. Leanne--Kiwi Strawberry Milkshake
3. Dad*--Chocolate, Chocolate Milkshake
* Denotes cheating by substituting Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Ice Cream for the generic Walmart Chocolate the rest of us used.
5. Alisha--Banana Bread Milkshake
6. Aaron--Mint Chocolate Milkshake
7. Peter--Strawberry Cookies & Cream Milkshake

We happened to get this year's on camera, complete with interviews and an expose of Dad's ice cream substitution scandal. We also caught much of 10 year old Peter's tirade when it was clear he wasn't placing this year (even an exclusive interview where he blamed Bryan for "insisting" that Peter make the Strawberry Cookies & Cream shake instead of the Peach Shake he wanted to make). I'd hoped to get his screaming and running into his bedroom on camera this year for posterity, and in this Peter did not disappoint. I can't wait to show that to his kids.

The mint shake obviously didn't place as high as I'd hoped. In retrospect I should've made the mint flavor (with mint extract) a little more subtle. I'd hoped to melt mint Lindor truffles and mix them in, but when I couldn't find them I settled for some Andes baking chips. The judges (Michelle & Sarah) gave me high marks for consistency and originality, but very few points for taste. I am ashamed, but not terribly discouraged.

No comments: