Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cause for Celebration

I'm 29 years old today, and we're going to celebrate (the 15 or so grey hairs on my head notwithstanding).

A few years ago, as my birthday approached, I had a conversation with Michelle that started down the well worn path of feigning disinterest in any birthday celebration. "Oh, don't worry about it. It's not that big a deal" was the general theme of my remarks. Michelle rebuked me and effectively stated that birthdays are a big deal in our house, and I'd just have to deal with it.

Ever since I've allowed myself the indulgence of looking forward to my birthday, and reveled in the fact that we make a big deal about birthdays in our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, my friend. Wish I could be there to take you out for a night on the town to celebrate, but you'll just have to settle for this bit of wisdom...

"Better to have 15 gray hairs than to lose 15 gray hairs."