Monday, October 23, 2006

Spider Bites and Other Insights

Behold the fruits of our latest family home evening:




See if you can guess who made the battle spider – twice the size of the other spiders and with candy corn spikes to ward off predators, while paralyzing its prey with fear. I find the indian corn best suited for this. Note also that Jared has his mouth stuffed with candy corn.


Other Insights:

  • I’ve had several inquiries about where I stand on the “regular candy corn vs. indian corn” debate. I always reach for the indian corn first. If you’re looking for a faster sugar rush, buy the “Autumn Mix” and eat the pumpkins.

  • By the way, there are two brands of candy corn: Brach’s and unwelcome imitations.

  • Today marked my seventh (and last) straight day without sugar. (Yes, the sugar fast was in large part spurred by my weaknesses with candy corn). I celebrated the breaking of my sugar fast with the spider cakes [Note: I extracted the candy corn spines before I ate the cake – Never eat candy corn with your cake. The two are not complementary and you’ll find that neither tastes very good. Furthermore, you’ll find that your palate has been ruined for at least an hour].

No comments: