Monday, July 17, 2006

Odds, Ends, and Invaders

I awoke early this morning to find intruders in our home. They seemed to be looking for something to steal. Michelle and I acted quickly, before the intruders discovered Jared (or worse, before Jared discovered them). She scouted them and then I applied the bug spray. Good bye horde of ants hoping for a free meal! (my suspicion is they were after my remaining bag of Peanut M&Ms – I mean, what more could an ant hope for?)

Here’s what else you’ve missed these past few weeks:

  • Somehow, and for some strange reason, the instructor during our Elder’s Quorum lesson two weeks ago decided to hold up the Forbidden Donut (without any prior for warning) as a shining example of what Wilford Woodruff spoke of on keeping journals. Umm…yeah…right. I’ve been the subject of Elder’s Quorum derision ever since, and now people are asking for my Peanut M&Ms (For those interested: 10 bags left. Since I started with 20, and since eating 10 bags of M&Ms in such a short period of time is a bit alarming even to me, this has prompted several subsequent, broken commitments to two weeks of detox. I started again today!)

  • Speaking of Peanut M&Ms, Jared apparently didn’t feel like he was getting his share, and so amassed an army to gain control of the remaining bags:



He failed.



  • A certain creature in our home has made blogging (and pretty much everything else) impossible. I’ve managed a few pictures.




(And of course the always popular frog pose)


Hopefully she’ll let me resume my frivolous posting soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's unfortunate that Peanut M&Ms weren't around when Wilford Woodruff was alive. Otherwise, he probably would have kept a detailed record of his trips to Zion's Co-operative Mercantile Institution to find marked-down bags, too.