Saturday, December 10, 2005

Brett's Funeral

Brett Stern's Funeral was this morning, and I got to usher for it.

I had thought I was done shedding tears, but it was hard to hold them back when I saw pictures of Brett, Hillary, and Avery together. The same was true when Hillary gave the Eulogy. I thought at times that I wouldn't mind if I had a thousand more tears to shed since it did not seem wrong to cry.

Brett's funeral helped me understand better the friend I was just getting to know. I couldn't help but be envious of some of the character traits others described seeing in him and feeling from him. It occured to me that that aspirational feeling was a good thing at someone's funeral.

Gratefully, I have been given more time to work on my own character. I hope I do not waste it.

No comments: