Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dear Santa Claus II

Santa,

Forgive me, but I have a few more Christmas wishes. Since my first letter came so early in the season I can hardly think you'd have expected it to be the final version. So here are a few additional ideas and requests:

1. My $565 stolen by the British Thief on eBay: Yes, as my previous post sets out, I've been the victim of larceny by trick (I think I've got the term right from my bar prep--speaking of which, I find out on Friday). Each day that passes I feel more and more of a fool for having taken the bait, which has left me both humiliated and somewhat embittered. Maybe you can take care of that too (Think Christmas Vacation style by personally delivering the thief to my front door on Christmas Eve. Make sure he has my money in hand. I think I'd like to give the person the 40 Crows. That'll teach 'em not to steal).

2. Office Decor: My previous letter mentioned getting my diploma framed. I'm also in the market for anything else, pictures or otherwise, that might add some personal touch and/or flavor to my office space. Something with a Chicago Cubs theme here would be good too.

3. Mammoth Spanish Dictionary: Right now, I'm one of three attorneys in the office who speaks Spanish, and hopefully the most fluent of the three. This should work to my advantage at some point. What I'd like along these lines, then, is one of those monster Spanish dictionaries to go in my office.

4. Sugar Cookies With the Frosting Just Crusted Over: The cookies just still be somewhat moist on the inside (so there's a little give when you bite into them). The frosting should be about a centimeter or two thick, the color is relatively unimportant, but it's important that the frosting has started to crust on top when they're given to me, Santa, muy importante.

5. Morning Sick Free Days for Michelle: Santa, you who are all knowing should know that Michelle is in the beginning stages of pregnancy. As with Jared, she's morning sick all of the time, which makes life hard for everyone at home. For my sake, and Jared's (not to mention Michelle's) help her get past that stage before Christmas season gets in full swing (maybe even before Thanksgiving if you're looking to dole out a little pre-holiday cheer.

6. Yahtzee Handheld Travel Game (Electronic): I played one last night at a friend's house, and I want one.

That should do for now, though remember, neither the original list nor this addendum is by any means meant to be exhaustive. I'm not going to ask for you to spend a specific dollar amount on gifts, but I urge you to be generous.

Thanks again,
Aaron

No comments: