Sunday, June 15, 2008

Help?

You're looking at some belated birthday gifts from my mother-in-law from last Sunday. Perhaps you recognize the boxes atop the toaster oven as being Girl Scout cookies. Most of the rest is discount Easter candy of varying quality. One week later, most of the candy remains untouched, though there are only 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies left (I have been sharing...some).

Alas, my mother-in-law's generosity could hardly have been more inopportune. It comes on the heels of a commitment I made at the beginning of the month to change my eating habits.
This wasn't a typical "I'm giving up sweets until Christmas" type commitment, but rather one wherein my goal has been some kind of regulated moderation that might help me put aside the "feast or famine" mentality that usually controls these matters.

There doesn't seem to be anything moderate, though, about the array of sweets pictured above.

And herein lies the dilemma -- should I try to stash this all away and bring it out slowly, or, recognizing my weakness and penchant for excess, do I just get rid of the stuff now by bringing it to work?

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Purge! Get rid of it. If it helps, eat one piece of everything and give the rest away.

Jamin LeFave said...

"Know thyself."

Michelle said...

I agree with Shelly - except for the fact that just last week Aaron brought back the last round of candy I sent him to work with, completely untouched. Apparently he just couldn't stand to put it out.

Anonymous said...

Save it for when your sisters come to San Diego!