Thursday, December 13, 2007

On the First Day of Christmas...

Twelve days left until Christmas, and the Clarks are in full Christmas mode. Christmas music, presents under the tree, We've even had some nippy weather the past few nights to justify it (in the 40's). Knowing that Santa is among my avid readers, I thought it prudent again to post my letter to him this year, which I wrote in conjunction with our home evening activity on the subject.* I'm sure you'll sense the more concise (and modest) approach this year. I'll let you know on December 25th how Santa took to the letter:

Dear Santa,

I have been the best in the family, so I deserve the most.

I trust you Santa. You've never let me down (except that one time).

Love,
Aaron

* By the way, Santa, Jared's more focused letter has already been posted on Michelle's blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Santa is no longer delivering Christmas presents to those who refer to California weather as "nippy."

Our highs have been in the mid 20's for what seems like an eternity.

Anonymous said...

Dear Aaron:

Your continuously reference to being let down once, shows you haven't been a good man and thus don't merit much consideration this season.

Please repent of your evil doings and forsake those things that linger.

Santa

Aaron Clark said...

I feel confident that Santa -- knowing full well my 20+ years experience in the kind of weather described -- will allow me a little license in my description of the California weather. I suspect he may agree with me, too, that I pay way too much in rent to have put up with temperatures in the 40s.

As to the comment condemning my reference to Santa's past failing (which I suspect to be the work of an imposter), hear this Santa: Keep that attitude up and I'll make sure there aren't any of Michelle's Christmas cookies left by the time you get to our house on Christmas Eve. How do you like them apples, eh Santa?