Sunday, August 13, 2006

Not All That Wander Are Lost

I have no excuse for the long pause between entries – except that life with two kids (one of whom is a newborn and the other of whom wants to spend all his waking hours attacking the newborn with love), busy days at work, and family emergencies make things a tad more difficult. All of these things work together to tire me such that I have neither the time nor the energy to parse out mildly amusing vignettes from my daily living. And it certainly hasn’t left me energy to provide serious or insightful commentary on the days issues, or even the day’s tasty treats.

But tonight I’ve stolen a moment to let you know all is not lost. In fact, these are prosperous times for the Clark family. Consider the following:


  • Michelle and I attended a firm dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse this past week. From Ethan, our waiter, we learned that Ruth’s Chris cooks their stakes at 1500 degrees Fahrenheit, and then serves its steaks on plates heated to 500 degrees. For the first, and possibly last, time I ordered a $70 Kobe steak – apparently a rare and expensive find even among steak connoisseurs [which I’ve considered adding to my already long list of specialties]. The steak was by far the best I’d ever tasted. I’m happy to go back there whenever anyone is interested in paying for it.

  • I’ve got a new camera that is my pride and joy: the Canon Powershot S80. What adds more to my joy is that I got it for $380 (the going rate is about $500). We also got a new digital video camera.

  • All of my Peanut M&Ms are now gone.

  • NCAA 2007 came out earlier this month with rave reviews. Now if only I had a law school class or two I could skip to stay home and play it.
  • We’re almost at the end of our summer blackout dates at Disneyland.
  • The guy I bought a computer from was ordered to attend a "cognitive restructuring course" and subsequently comments on the courthouse steps that the reporters covering him are only alive because he is merciful (and obviously not crazy).

Hopefully time and circumstance will permit me to resume posting more frequently soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura and I experienced Ruth's Chris back in June (by the grace of a $100 gift card that covered almost everything but the tip, but only because we were being frugal and trying to get as much for free as possible). The filet is...there's not a word to describe it. Thank heaven for cows! Oh, did you have dessert? Their Creme Broulee (sp?) is out of this world!

Anonymous said...

I had both the filet and the creme brulee and have been dreaming about it ever since. Mmmmm.......