Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Day Five

According to my records, I exercised on 166 days in 2010.  Hooray. . . except I ate treats on 259.  Without accounting for just how many treats I ate on some of those 259 days, I found those figures both sobering and surprisingly motivating.  Couldn't I just try to flip those numbers for 2011?

With that thinking, a Garmin Forerunner 305 for Christmas, and an impulsive commitment to run the Catalina Marathon (my first marathon) in mid-March, I've had my work cut out for me since January 1.  And perhaps what's left me so dog tired these last five days is that I've actually had some modest success: no treats and four exercise days.  I'm batting a thousand.
Of course, I have no real hope of keeping this kind of pace up.  And I don't think I really want to. [It's been all I could do the last few days to keep from whipping up a few dozen sugar cookies to eat with our leftover icing.]  I do hope, though, to have enough success under my belt that when I eventually fall back to Earth (probably this weekend), I'll either feel more inclined toward moderation or at least be quicker to get back on the wagon.  But so far, it's been a good year.

No comments: