Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hiatus

The dearth of recent posts is hardly a secret. I spent some time struggling with guilt over this, especially after having tasted a top quality burger at at a local Burger Lounge. I'm past the guilt stage now.
.
With Michelle in the late stages of a tough pregnancy, my children and church work demanding more of my evening attention, and, perhaps most importantly, with my efforts to avoid sugar in recent weeks, I've hardly been left with energy to blog about anything superficially meaningful. Given my sugar hiatus, too, I've been at a loss.
.
The Olympics have been fun, I've dabbled with Facebook, and taken up transcribing old journal entries in earnest. Ah yes, and I've also been hunting for a mini-van.
.
More posts will come...at some point, and I'll be sure to keep you apprised of the time when I'm able to enjoy treats again and hence, share the wealth of my experience with donuts and pastries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When your Lenten famine of treats comes to an end, allow me to tempt you with a recent delight found in your boring local grocer's cookie aisle. Introducing, Newman-O's. Yes, these tantalizing morsels are yet another Oreo knockoff. But, I ask you, "whither the double-stuf?" Where Nabisco can't deliver, Paul Newman certainly saves the day. With organic flour, organic sugar, organic palm oil, organic cocoa powder, and organic chocolate all packed into the hearty goodness of a creme filled chocolate cookie, how could you possibly go wrong!?! And if the term "organic" conjures up granola images of earthy life in Oregon, allow me to allay those fears, these cookies actually taste great and are worthy of the title. Perhaps the greatest perk is that a quick glance at the nutrition facts will prevent you from feeling riddled with guilt as you relish a package (or two) in a fit of riotous eating.

Kar said...

Hey, Aaron, I nominated your blog for a blog award! Come look at my post entitled "Aw, shucks..."