Sunday, June 03, 2007

New Frontiers

Tuesday evening I got an unexpected call from the Stake President inviting me for an interview the following evening. Despite the fact that we've only been in the ward six months, and that I hardly know anyone, I was asked to serve as 2nd counselor in a reorganized bishopric. We were sustained and set apart this morning.

I confess I felt absolutely ridiculous sitting on the stand today -- all the more because I knew that most of the ward probably has no idea who I am. * I've spent the rest of the day bewildered.

Oh, and I've now been 8 days without sugar.

*Indeed, one woman confessed to me afterward that she never remembers seeing me in church before today.

2 comments:

Jamin LeFave said...

Enjoy the journey.

Anonymous said...

My Condolences.

To your wife.

My dad was in 4 seperate bishoprics. It's a rough job, but there's lots of blessings to be had in the service. May you have the wisdom to see them and the humility to be grateful "for the journey". ;)