Monday, December 18, 2006

7 Days Until Christmas

Somehow I'd forgotten what a guantlet of goodies the workplace can be at Christmas time. I fear there's little hope for me over the next few days.

Jared wrote a letter to Santa Claus tonight (with a little help). Knowing that Santa monitor's this blog, I did not think it wrong to make the contents of Jared's letter available to the jolly old elf through this medium:

18 December 2006

Dear Santa,

My name is Jared. Here is what I want for Christmas (I turn 3 on Christmas Day):

  • The monkey that goes "like this" (on all fours);
  • A tiger;
  • A black good knight, and his horse and sword;
  • A big momma giraffe
  • A shark
  • A cow
  • A dinosaur
  • A lion -- A daddy lion ( so he can fight the other lions)
  • A snowman
  • A Jessie Doll; a Zurg doll (a BIG, BIG Zurg from Toys-R-Us); a woody doll (even though I already have one;
  • A Batman Dog
  • The purple monkey at Toys-R-Us
  • 2 More Buzz Light Years (even though I already have 2).
I've been really good this year Santa. I promise.
Love,
Jared
[Parent's note to Santa: Santa, you needn't worry. We told Jared tonight that even the best children only get 2 presents at most from Santa. Please note, however, that these restrictions do not hold true for the parent. Accordingly, on account of my exceeding goodness this year I am expecting everything on my list. Thanks Santa!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HO HO HO! Jared thanks for writing me a letter.


Santa