Monday, November 06, 2006

A Moment of Silence

I passed a gruesome scene yesterday as I made my way through the parking lot in our apartment complex. There, beneath the wheel of one of the parked cars, lay a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup smashed and melted. It was still in its original wrapping. No doubt this was the result of some careless child letting a prize piece of candy get away. As a result of the child's carelessness, this Reese's was forced to pay the ultimate price.

I bowed my head mournfully and respectfully as I passed, and then spent the rest of the day grieving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a heart wrenching story.....To never be enjoyed and bring happiness to the partakers lips. So sad...Rest in peace little guy

Anonymous said...

This is probably the funniest piece on this blog. I am sitting here in my Immigration Policy and Procedure course finding it difficult not to laugh out loud.

Thank you.

Beard Here