Tuesday, January 03, 2006

An Extended Hiatus

We made it back safely from Utah yesterday, though not without experiencing the slow crawl that can make up the drive from Las Vegas to San Bernadino. What should have been a 2-3 hour drive took over 5 as we waded our way through bumper to bumper traffic for over 200 miles.

Now that I'm back, I'll be leaving again. Work will take me to Northern California for the next two weeks, where I'll be on the road visiting the nether parts of the state. There isn't any part of this trip that I'm not loathing, except for the fact that all of my expenses will be reimbursed. It tears at me that I'll be away for so long. All the more because as soon as I get back from Northern CA, I'll be leaving after a day or two for Arizona, Colorado, and Wyoming for similar adventures.

Hopefully after another two weeks they'll let me come home for good.

All this means that I'm not sure what kind of time I'll have to make any posts, since I'm going to be scrambling as it is traveling between locations. But if I do have time to post, that surely would be a good sign. So let's hope for that.

No comments: